It's been a while...

10:39 PM

I know, I know...I know....

It's been a while


It's been a LONG while. Actually, now that I look back at my history, the last time I posted was almost 2 months ago! Wow..

I haven't really been up to much. It's been an interesting winter vacation and post vacation. Since I'm done with school, I now have a lot of time on my hands. Christmas was the same routine of Christmas Eve with Matt's family, Christmas lunch with mine and Christmas dinner with his. We ate...and drank...a TON. We had all these grand plans to go and do stuff like visit the Ferry building and maybe go have some beer. We had the beer at Drake's Barrel House and that was about it.

NYE was spent up in Napa. The original plan was to go on the 31st and come back on the 1st but we added on the 30th because we're ballers. It was cold and drizzly when we got there so our wine tasting was mostly kept to the downtown Napa area which included Ceja, John Anthony, and Stonehedge. I also spent way too much money buying chocolates at Anette's chocolates.

We met up with our friends Jenn and Jin and their friends to have dinner at Carpe Diem on new years eve and rang in the new year at 1313 bubble bar. The next day was spent wandering oxbow and gathering items for new years dinner with my parents which consisted of crabs!

Then it was back to work and all that fun stuff. It's been busy so I haven't had time to do much else.

The downside of my winter vacation was that my grandma passed away on the 31st, two weeks before we were scheduled to have a family reunion. The last time I saw her was a couple years ago on a big family cruise. It was a pretty tough and sudden blow when I got the call that she had passed. I really would have liked to see her just one last time. I couldn't even go to the funeral because of things at home that kept me from going. It just really sucks to have to deal with loss when separated from family but I think I've pulled through. Some days are still hard, especially the weekend when I was supposed to fly to see her. It just reminded me again of how I missed seeing my grandpa because of a big snowstorm that hit Denver on the day I was supposed to leave. The airport was closed for a few days and I finally was able to leave on Christmas Day. He had passed by then so I guess you could say that Christmas is a pretty rough time for me, now it's just a little rougher. I miss them both and I hope and pray that they are together again. The love they had for each other was so deep and so touching and I hope that I can find someone who will love me that deeply for that long:

Love and miss you both and I am glad that you are finally together again





I guess all I have to share are just some gratuitous food shots and the fact that I finally got a new camera :)

This one is probably from a week or two ago, it's chicken parm with sweet potato fries. This was taken with my old Canon camera

And...NEW CAMERA!

Case

Cover

Open! (the pictures are blurry because it was taken with the crap Canon)

New camera pictures. Set to food mode. I know. It has a FOOD mode. Awesome.




Mushroom stuff onigiri


Vegetable soup (clean your fridge or you can be like me and make a last minute run to the store to get ingredients because you only have condiments and some weird funky old stuff in the fridge so yeah)

Action mode

Mmm, not quite sure, maybe indoor mode

Pinhole

Tinted

Black and White

Soft focus

I tested out a lot of filters on the poor dog

I don't know how she still loves me


But she does so that makes everything just A-OK in my world

You Might Also Like

0 comments