Hiking. Camping. Stars.

8:45 PM

Last weekend I went camping with some friends from church: Sam, Sandley, Chrissy, and Jon. We met up on Saturday morning and drove 4.5 hours to Sequoia National Forest where we pitched our tents in the Quaking Aspen Campground. I don't have pictures of the campground but it was about your usual type of deal. 

Then, we sat for a few minutes talking about what to do and decided to go on a hike to Needles Lookout. Here are some pictures from the hike.




The hike took us along the valley that we had driven up with AMAZING views. We started hiking at around 4:30pm so we had really great late afternoon light.



I also found a rock that looked like a face



The rest of the hikers crossed down a smaller valley and up this ridge on the other side. I stayed behind, to take pictures, of course. 


They hiked all the way up to the top of that half-dome looking rock on the left hand side of the picture. From my position, they just looked like little specks moving along the top of the mountain.





Then, that night, Jon taught me how to take pictures of the stars with my camera. This is one of the pictures, pointing straight up. I didn't edit it much so it probably just looks like a bunch of dots. I have no idea what constellations are there.



This is another one of the milky way that Jon helped me to process because I have no idea how to edit a photo on my computer :)


The next day we drove back home and stopped by in Gilroy to get some fruit. I don't have pictures of the meal that I cooked but when the rest of the group posts them then I'll link to here.

Love summer in California!

You Might Also Like

0 comments