Brews on the Bay and something new!

9:33 PM

It's been a while so here are some pictures!

Matt and I attended Brews on the Bay last weekend in San Francisco. It's a beer festival for local breweries hosted on top of the USS Jeremiah which is docked in the bay on Pier 35. It was a pretty nice day but SUPER windy


Matt with Alcatraz in the background



Sandwich and Burger truck for lunch


Band


USS Jeremiah



Sailboats against the Golden Gate


I'm being a creepy stalker with my puny camera, muahaha! 

I digress, it was fun to watch all of the sailboats and the little men running around trying to balance the boat. A lot of people also asked us for beer too



View of the city from the boat


Lotsa people enjoying the beer and sun



Now for my something new. I picked up a Kindle copy of Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet when it went on mega sale on Amazon. It's been an interesting read and as much as I try to stay away from processed foods, this was definitely a big step to stay away from dairy and meat. However, the past couple weeks I have been really really sick. I usually have issues with food and digestion, but the past couple of weeks have been BAD. Not sure if it was because of stress from working a lot or something, but man, I would not wish this on anyone. 

Anyway, this diet focuses on whole grains, fruits, veggies, beans and lentils with minimal processed foods. If you're going to try it, I recommend actually buying the book because the Kindle was really hard for me to cook from. Might just be me, but I've had to retype each recipe onto my computer.

This was tonight's dinner


Fruity lentils: Lentils with blueberries, basil, jam, orange juice and nuts. 

I really don't like lentils (gritty and mushy at the same time), but the sweetness and the berries really helped me enjoy this dish


For the main dish, I made rice waffles (pancakes, since I don't have a waffle maker) which consist of rice, flour, miso paste and water



And to top it, I made a mixture of broccoli, carrots, tempeh (couldn't find seitan) and onions

Overall the meal was a bit bland. These were recipes from the Superhero section of her book and they tend to be plainer and less seasoned than the regular Vegan recipes. Just added a little smidge of salt and some extra soy and that punched up the flavor a lot.


OH! I was also attacked by grain weevils in my whole wheat flour. It was quite sad and I had to chuck the bag. From now on, all grains go into the freezer and I need to clean out my pantry more often. SHH, I really am "domesticated"...

Happy eating! :D
Janine

You Might Also Like

0 comments