Cooking Extravaganza!

8:05 PM

Since I was gone for 3 weeks, I came home to an empty fridge. I also took the day off work to cook and do laundry. Of course being an eager beaver overachiever, I made 3 dishes. Was going to make 4 but I'm a little tuckered out

Breakfast: Spinach Strata
baby spinach, cheese, bread, eggs, milk and lemon zest


Ready for the oven!


Out of the oven!

Lunch: Rice salad with Cherry Vinaigrette
rice, baby spinach, cherries, walnuts

I also learned that you really shouldn't try to pit cherries without a cherry pitter because it sucks, takes forever and turns your fingers red


But look at that color!


 Dinner: White Bean and Cabbage
white beans, cabbage, shallot, potato, cabbage


Slice-a-da-potata


Cook until brown and crunchy crispy good


Add-a la cabbage



Yum!

Dinner: Chickpea stew
chickpeas, onion, veg stock, saffron, egg yolks, yogurt


temper eggs and add to the veg and chickpeas and cook until thick and creamy



love the color of saffron


Off to go eat and then pass out. Or maybe make some yogurt biscuits?


You Might Also Like

0 comments