Beer bottles and Veggies

8:44 PM

This weekend was so much fun. Steve and Joyce hosted a pig roast and we got to cook up and eat a whole pig...and gorge ourselves on pasta all day long.

They also let me collect the beer bottles from the event so I can finally brew a batch of beer. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning and removing the labels off of all of the bottles. 52 to be exact. Thanks everyone for the beer bottles!


Bottles in my drying rack


Soaking in the sink


For dinner/this week of food I made a butternut squash and onion tart and lavash hummus and veggie wraps. Everything is inadvertently vegetarian this week


Before going in the oven. Cooked and pureed the squash. Caramelized some onions. Made the pie shell, froze it then blind baked it.


Also made a buttery crumb topping (didn't have bread crumbs so I used panko)


Done baking!


Lavash wraps with carrots, radishes, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts and some homemade hummus


Dinner!

I'm playing around with editing my pictures using the Olympus software that came with my camera but honestly, editing RAW takes forever...I might not have the patience for it...

You Might Also Like

0 comments