Heat, Cookies and Japanese Food

11:29 PM

It's been a pretty long week already. I took a Bikram yoga class on monday night and it kicked my butt. Yoga is hard enough as it is but yoga in a room heated to 105 is pretty difficult. I can barely walk today because my muscles are so sore and tight. That meant that I should have gone again tonight, except for the fact that I left work at 7pm and had no food in my fridge (I sense a recurring theme here...)

Then Tuesday I had a day trip out to Arizona. Woke up at 4am in order to catch a 6:20am flight. Funny part is that there is a flying curfew so planes are not even allowed to take off until 6:30am. So then why am I on a flight that's at 6:20 which boards at 5:50? I have no idea. Could have slept in. Arizona was hot as usual, about 113. Funny fact that they shut down their airport if it reaches 120 because planes can't take off since there's no lift. Interesting! Sat through an all day meeting and then meandered back to the airport at 4pm and arrived home at 6pm.

It was pretty trippy to realize that I had woken up in California, spent the whole day in Arizona and was going back to sleep in my bed in California that same night.

Freaky.

I cooked a bit, so this is what I accomplished.

It's going to be another 7 day work week so this will probably be the last time I eat something decent for a while


I don't remember when I made these but I wanted cookies and I had about the right amount of ingredients so I decided to give it a try.

Turns out, that doesn't work so well..



They came out as big flat pancakes


Tonight I made a few dishes with the things I did have in my fridge which included oyakudon, miso soup and pork tenderloin with plum chutney (I didn't eat ALL of this food, the fuller bowls just looked prettier)




The miso soup is dashi stock with white miso paste boiled and then with tofu, mushrooms and spinach added in

The tenderloin is wrapped in prosciutto and then baked (because I don't have a grill) and I made a plum chutney with onions, sugar, apple cider vinegar, spices and plums





And the oyakudon is leeks, onions, chicken breast and egg over rice


yummies


Oh crap, I also baked a blueberry coffee cake but didn't take pictures. Dang it! Guess I'll just have to make another one!! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments