Cooking Update

3:28 PM

Pictures of the some of the things I've made recently



First were apple brownies that I brought to a friend's wine night


The recipe was super simple and was basically throw everything together in the mixer then add in the apples and bake


Accidentally wrapped them before I took a picture



They were good but a little mushy, will have to figure out how to firm them up


A bit later I made some chicken buns using biscuit dough, shredded chicken and hoisin for a slightly asian flavor


They turned out beautifully



Now, I am embarking on a mini Thanksgiving dinner. I initially signed up to bring stuffing. Then I found a nice pie recipe. 

Then we ended up with only one 20 pound turkey which would not feed the 30+ adults and 7 children in attendance. So I figured, If I'm using the oven to make the stuffing and pie, I might as well just throw a turkey in there.


So I bought this beast from Safeway. I have never encountered a turkey this big. Usually my family tries to find the smallest one that we can to feed the 4 of us.


And of course it was frozen solid like a brick. I made a little ice water bath for it and let it defrost today for 6 hours. Then butterflied it. 


That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in the kitchen. Lots of bone cracking...


But while I was waiting for the turkey to thaw, I made some wonton so I'll end on that instead of that indecently spread turkey :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments