Clear Lake Winter Edition

10:22 PM

I meant to post this weeks ago but then I came down with the worst flu that I've ever experienced in my life. I thought that I had been sick before in my life, but never like this. I yoyo'd between days of 102 degree fevers back down to 98 degrees and back up again. It was ridiculous and painful and I lost 10 pounds because of it. I seriously hope to never experience that again.

And now on to happier things

Back in March, my friends Julie and Nic invited me up to their lake house in Clear Lake for a relaxing weekend of friends, food and relaxation. I took a half day on friday to head up since it's a good 3.5 hour drive.

We passed through Napa on the way up and made sure to stop at Gott's for delicious burgers and fries


Found some cows on the way up. We arrived pretty late so no pictures were taken that night. Too bad I don't have a tripod otherwise I would have tried some starry night shots. It's so dark up there at the lake that the stars were amazing

However, the next morning, I was completely not prepared for the stunning view outside



Back of the house taken from the boat dock


Late afternoon sun


Sunset


Boat dock at sunset

I cooked dinner on saturday night and we basically made thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, ham and stuffing. It was awesome

We also played this game called rage cage which involves many cups and bouncing ping pong balls and stacking...I have no idea. Even though I watched about 4 games, I would have no idea how to explain it to you



Julie also got "iced" which meant that she had to chug down a smirnoff ice while in this position. I do admire her really good form


Still can't tell you how to play this game. Haha


Doesn't it make you want to run and jump off?

Absolutely



If the water wasn't FREEZING



Can't wait for Clear Lake Summer Edition complete with swimming!


Thanks Julie and Nic!

You Might Also Like

0 comments