World Domination Summit Day #2

11:26 PM

Saturday morning brought on long lines at Starbucks (I know...I know...in the land of Portland, I should have found something better but a tight schedule requires compromise okay?). After I got my breakfast, I walked to the theatre to find one of the longest lines I've seen in a very long time, it wrapped around the block. Thankfully, I found a friend and was able to get into the theatre pretty quickly

wds2013-0339-IMG_6323

We were welcomed by an awesome welcome committee and copious high fives, then took our seats inside the theatre. The morning flew by with wonderful presentations by Nancy Duarte about captivating stories and Darren Rowse about getting the dreams out of your head.

wds2013-0401-IMG_6646

wds2013-0438-IMG_6855


After that, we heard Bob Moore speak about how he created Bob's Red Mill and then proceeded to give away the majority share of his company to his employees via ESOP. Wow.

"Entrepreneurship is being responsible for your business and your people" - Bob Moore

Then came a break for lunch and it was back to the food trucks for some delicious Indian food for only $6. It was a mountain of food and so affordable!

Picture by me

After lunch came the workshops and I attended Pam Slim's talk on the art of taking action. We basically workshopped a bunch of ideas that people had and it was so inspiring to hear about the variety of dreams and the actions people were taking. 

The afternoon session started off with some attendee stories and then proceeded into one of the most fascinating talks of the weekend by Jia Jiang who set out on a journey to seek rejection in order to develop a thicker skin. Instead, he found out that people are actually more open than we think and he ended up experiencing so many awesome things just because he put himself out there and asked. 

wds2013-0614-IMG_7585

After the talks, we made our way to the waterfront to board a river cruise and spent a fantastic two hours enjoying the scenery, conversations and sunset.


I ended up with a pretty awesome group and multiple bottles of prosecco.


Prosecco and...beer (I try to be classy. Sometimes.)

When we returned, it was time to find dinner so our, now larger, group of WDS peeps made our way to Deschutes and discouraged by the 30 minute wait for our little party of 13, found a tasty place called The Parish where we had burgers and libations until we were exhausted. Great way to end a fantastic day


I didn't bring my beloved canon so the picture quality is pretty shoddy with the olympus. Sad. 

Again, all pictures, unless noted, are property of Armosa Studios. Master set can be found here

You Might Also Like

0 comments