World Domination Summit 2013 Day #1

11:00 PM

I almost can't believe that I'm back at home and in my bed writing this post already. The weekend just flew by and was so jam-packed with inspiration, community and love that I might need to decompress from it for a few weeks.

I flew in Friday morning, sadly too late for the World Float world record, and checked into the Paramount.

wds2013-0098-IMG_5572

They broke the world record for floating chain of people. Seriously awesome.

Early registration was happening at this time so I went to pick up my nametag and swag bag which was full of awesome stuff. Then I made my way over to the food truck gathering to get lunch

Photos of the grilled cheese awesomeness taken by me

I ended up ordering the Kelsey which was a grilled cheese sandwich with pesto. So so so so so good. The cheese was melty and gooey and I think I had dreams about it that night. After lunch, I headed over to Powell's city of books which is my idea of heaven. Browsed the stacks for a while and left with 3 books. I thought I showed a good amount of restraint to not buy the entire store out.

Then I headed over to Deschutes to grab a beer, journal and rest my footsies. Little did I know that I would meet a fantastic group of fellow WDSers who adopted me into their group.

After our beers, we headed up to the theatre to board buses to go to the opening party at the Portland Zoo.

wds2013-0237-IMG_6120

There was a giant open stage where we listened to a band called March the Fourth who played and performed for us. There were also various food stations for yummy treats. We stayed until it got pretty chilly and headed back to the hotel for our only early night in.

What a great start to the weekend!

All pictures, unless noted, are property of Armosa Studios. Master set can be found here

You Might Also Like

0 comments