Hm, maybe I shouldn't be trusted by the stove anymore...

3:22 PM

So this happened to me last night...See if you can figure out what it is exactly and what happened...

WTF?




It's a letter opener

That was stuck to the bottom of my pot

That somehow ended up on my burner

That ERUPTED into flames......

I didn't realize it until I wondered why it suddenly seemed like Pompeii in my kitchen and it was dangerously apparent that my neighbors would hate me when the entire building's smoke alarms AND sprinklers all went off....yeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh....




However... I still win!

PUT IT IN MY MOUTH NOW!

Steak smothered with crimini mushrooms cooked in butter with spinach and garlic. YUMMY! I'm attempting the Four Hour Body diet by Tim Ferriss and this is what we call a slow-carb meal sans beans (the beans were the culprit that started Pompeii and needed 2 hours to cook).

It's going fine...as in zero weight lost, because I suck at losing weight and my body hates me or it just likes to have more padding in case I fall or something....but yeah...



Randoms:

  • On my way home from work yesterday, I saw two kids. One was on crutches and the other way rolling along on a scooter. My first impression was, "Hey that kid on the scooter is an asshole! He should walk and carry his friends crutches and let the poor kid's armpits take a break" and then I realized, you need two weight bearing legs to use a scooter. But you know, you can always make it work..
  • After a few days of reading these reports at work, my eyes started to play this fun game of "Let's jump randomly around the paragraph picking out random phrases!" So of course, the writing made no sense and then I wanted to write a negative comment. But would writing a negative comment because my mind refused to pay attention really make me a jerk? Probably..
  • My cube mate is gone so my kingdom now expanded to 12' by 6'. Go me! I'm the queen of my (sad) grey little domain


May your days not be filled with fire and ash,

Janine



Sorry about the picture quality. I have a little point and shoot that's about, oh, 8 year old, has been through college and a couple of moves. The steak picture looks a little weird because I diffused the flash with a paper towel since it was insanely saturated with brightness. Never said I was good at picture-taking!

You Might Also Like

0 comments