New Orleans!

11:14 PM

I just got back today from 4 days of awesomeness in New Orleans. I went with Matt to celebrate my 26th birthday and it was a really great way to celebrate.

Getting there was...not so awesome.

Our flight left San Jose at around 9ish and we had about a 4 hour leg to Houston with a connection to New Orleans.

However, thunderstorms in Houston had us stranded in San Antonio on the tarmac for about 3 hours. It was a miserable experience. When we finally got the go ahead to leave San Antonio to get to Houston, we had to bounce through turbulence which almost made me lose my cookies...and I do not get motion sick

So we finally get to Houston, head towards our connecting gate and do the 1 hour flop over to New Orleans. Felt sick again this time too but I think it was an artifact from the Houston landing. Oh yeah, and the thunderstorm...it was over as soon as it started. Reminded me of when I lived there and we'd have the surprise rainstorms, shoulda remembered that...

We finally get to New Orleans about 5 hours AFTER we were supposed to be there, get to the hotel and head out for a late late dinner.

And then a whole bunch of stuff happened....


I have pictures to share that will make the subsequent post a lot more interesting but for now, I am home, my feet hurt like hell, I gave my liver and legs a pretty good workout and I had a fantastic time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments