A big hunk of meat

11:44 PM

For dinner tonight, since I was starving by the time I got home, I grilled (inside) up a big hunk of steak that I bought from Sprouts


This baby was only 5 bucks!

I rubbed it with some Cajun Garlic rub that I bought from NOLA, not too much of course, didn't want to overshadow the beef and got it ready for my cast iron grill pan. 

Grill pan went into a 500 degree oven for a few minutes and then on to a high flame where I plopped my steak in and let the thing sizzle for a few minutes on one side and then a few minutes on the other. Then it went into the oven for about 8ish more minutes until it was done. Beautiful, perfect medium with wonderful pinky bloodiness inside. Delicious. Grass fed too


I also cut up some zucchini and sprinkled them with olive oil and salt to grill on the pan after I took the steak out to pick up all that lovely beefiness in the pan. 


And that's where things went horribly, horribly wrong. I cooked the first batch of zucchini on one side and it was all fine and dandy doing it's thing. Flipped it over and let it go and then went to poke at my steak. Then my fire alarms start SCREAMING at me because I guess, zucchini on a hot grill makes a ton of smoke. 

Man, and all of my neighbors were sitting RIGHT OUTSIDE in the parking lot having an HOA meeting. I felt like the biggest loser (not in a good way) ever. 

Anyway, I grabbed a towel and went to town fanning my apartment. Turned on the AC and threw open the rest of the windows that weren't already open. I guess the next time I grill, I'll need to invest in one of those big huge air circulating fans so I don't set off the sprinklers. Or get a grill that goes outside.........

Sigh



Here's the finished product


Half was for dinner, half is for lunch

I'm too depressed at my stupid grill pan smoking up the house to be excited for it

You Might Also Like

0 comments