My life list

12:50 PM

I was thinking (dangerous, I know), maybe it's time to put together a life list. Just a list of the achievable things that I can do that I want to do. Since I only have 5 more weeks left of school, maybe it's time to set up some fun goals

I stumbled across this link today while on my blog feed:

National Novel Writing Month

The goal is to end up with 50,000 written words by November 30. I've never written a novel, unless you count college and MBA essays about meaningful life things like corporate takeovers and management fluffiness. I haven't even studied that much english literature beyond the core classes and Shakespeare so we'll see how this goes. Hopefully I will find the patience and the energy to get through the month and if I don't make 50,000 words, that's okay too :)

Anyway, I already started a draft technically back in October so I think I'll just continue with that guy and see if I can hit the 50,000 word mark.


So, to add this to my life list so far, inspired by the Mighty Life List:

Write a novel with Nanowrimo. Get to a size that makes me happy. Organize the office at home. Set up wireless surround sound in the home. Finish 5 knitting projects next year. Purge the closets. Inventory the home library and track the books I read (quantity and quality). Conversational in Japanese, Cantonese, Italian, French.  Paint something on a canvas. Celebrate each month's national theme. Figure out my retirement/savings and start investing. House with yard and dog. Plant a successful garden. Visit at least 10 different countries with a passport. Learn a new basic/ancient skill (machine sewing, an instrument, embroidery, archery). Surf in Australia. Catch a swordfish. Scuba dive the Gold Coast or Bermuda. Sky dive over Australia or Hawaii. Bungee jump. Donate to locks of love. Volunteer. Master the art of baking/candy making. Master a new cuisine (french, italian, japanese, indian). Go back to school for something FUN. Dog sled in Alaska. Enjoy a Guinness in an Irish pub. Homebrew. Climb the Great Wall. Learn how to wear a traditional kimono. Visit all 50 states. Visit all 7 continents (including Antarctica). Make 100 crafty things (1. Joelle's baby sweater and 2. hat). Quilt all of my old t-shirts. Work in an antique bookstore. Live overseas. Read the 1001 books to read before you die (dad's already knocked down 30 of them! have to catch up!). View an old text first hand. Explore the major museums. View the Egyptian museum in Cairo. Sail the Nile. View the pyramids. Visit the Greek sites. Visit the Roman sites. Learn how to sword fight. Master each rope knotting style. Sail the greek islands. Spin wool. Live on a farm for a week. Adopt a child. Attend a game of every national league (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, MLS, PGA, NASCAR). Invent something.


To be continued...

You Might Also Like

0 comments