Christina & Gus' Engagement Party and...it's SUMMER! (I think)

6:32 PM

Hey there world! It's been an incredibly incredibly long time since I've posted. After New Orleans, I had about a week and a half to scramble some school work in and then I jetted off to New York to see my lovely cousins and celebrate my cousin Christina's engagement to the love of her life, Gus. It was a fantastic weekend filled with family (that I haven't seen in more than 7 years...7 YEARS! ay caramba). We did some dress shopping (which I can't share the pictures of), ate a lot of really good food and had some nice family time over Memorial Day Weekend.

My mom and I landed in Newark on Friday and were treated to wine and a lobster dinner with my cousins, my uncle and Gus. We had some giant giant lobsters with butter and some roasted duck and stir fry.


Saturday was a full day of dress shopping. We went to two bridal salons in New Jersey and had lunch in Morristown at a place called the Urban Table. Good food, I had the fish burrito which was sooo tasty. It was a light white fish (maybe Mahi Mahi?) dusted with some cajun spices and wrapped in a burrito with lettuce and beans and rice on the side. Super yummy. Dinner on Saturday night was at a place named Mizu where we had hibachi



Family portrait pre-sake shot

Then Sunday was the big day! The girls went to go and get our hair done and got some fun feathers in our hair and then we headed over to the Lake Club. It was a gorgeous location and was decorated so nicely!

Congrats Christina and Gus!




Intro and first dance:




We also had a giant cake


Such a fun night and great weekend! Took me a few days to recover from that one. Haha.

After I got home, it was crunch time since it was the last week of school and I had about 7 papers to finish before the quarter was over. It's not very interesting so I won't share, but I basically felt like death at the end. I've finally recovered after sleeping 18 hours, cleaning my house and having a celebratory drink with Matt last night at Wine Affairs.

So now, I have about a month before summer classes start and I hope to enjoy the outside, when it gets warm enough to go outside...It's grey and gloomy and cold right now

Along with that I'm working on a few knitting and crocheting projects for the new baby Nilsson (YAY!) and just got a copy of Gourmet Today in the mail (about a month ago but who's counting) so I'm ready to cook, clean and use up all my yarn.

Summer!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments